WEEKLY PROGRAMMING ON FACEBOOK
Satsang, a sanskrit word that means, "to associate with true people." Who are your "true people?" How do you show yourself to them?
Each Sunday evening, come and join with TRUE PEOPLE. Us. Together. Our very presence will be evidence that TRUTH resides inside every atom of the world.
Basic ground rules include to allow no gossip, no discussion of news or sports, no replay of arguments with lovers, no blow-by-blow dissections of personal problems. This group discusses personal issues in the context of applying spiritual insight to a life situation.
In satsang, the commitment is to awaken, uplift, and enlighten yourselves and to unmask illusions. In short, the commitment is to know truth.
Together, we will create a shared intention to be together in the service of spirit, for the sake of experiencing the deepest possible level of truth for a given period of time.
Each week, we...
• Light a candle, representing the Witness, or divine awareness.
• Meditate together for a few minutes.
• Read aloud a Passage to Truth
• In the conversation, aim at allowing wisdom to surface, instead of giving opinions.
• Allow each other to speak. Listen carefully to what the other says. If an insight arises in your mind while you're listening, write it down rather than interrupt the speaker to blurt it out.
• As we listen, notice any judgments that may arise and let them go.
A friend of mine says that in listening, she tells herself that God is speaking through the other person. I like this.