It is only when you open your veins and bleed onto the page a little that you establish contact with your reader.
-Confessions of a Story Writer by Paul Gallico, published 1946
One-on-One Writing Coach: Doing + Being
To create something from nothing is to both do the writing (daily words; set goals; meet deadlines; publish; promote) and be the writer (think like a writer; call yourself a writer; envision the writing life you desire; trust the stories that want to emerge).
I coach writers one-on-one (in person or via video conference) and I support them to do the work of a writer and to embody the characteristics of a writer.
- meet writing goals & deadlines
- develop a piece(s) of writing
- practice genre techniques
- revise works in progress
- edit final copy
- submit for publication (with coaching on which publications are "right" for a piece of writing)
- practice a writer's mindset
- become the writer you desire to be
Every writer is unique, every writing produced is unique, and every project may need unique support. Let's talk so that I can learn what you want to achieve with your writing.
THE CARNEGIE CENTER FOR LITERARY
251 West Second Street
Lexington, KY 40507